- January 18, 2021
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
Dual CPU and dual OS system: A perfect NAS solution for high-performance computing and storage by using the QES or QTS operating system
- Integrating an application server and storage server into one system, the next-generation TDS-16489U R2 also provides you with the option of using either QES (an enterprise-grade OS that provides efficient and reliable storage for mission-critical tasks) or QTS (a feature-rich OS for storage and diverse application servers).
- Whether being used as a file server, virtualization server, VDI, medium-sized data center, video streaming, surveillance storage, and efficient file backup & recovery, the flexible TDS-16489U R2 with dual CPU and dual OS options is your ideal solution.
- Install PCIe cards to increase application performance, including 40GbE/ 25GbE/ 10GbE adapters, Fibre Channel cards, and graphics cards.
- QES supports near-limitless snapshots and SnapSync for efficient remote backup & disaster recovery solution.
- Reliable storage for virtualization. QTS supports hosting VMs and containers; QES supports block-level storage for OpenStack® environments.
- QES supports data deduplication and compression to optimize storage utilization and data access performance.
- QTS supports software-defined SSD over-provisioning to improve write performance for IOPS-demanding applications.
Multiplied computing power with dual Intel® Xeon® E5 processors
- Built for data-intensive applications and demanding workloads, the TDS-16489U R2 is powered by dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 multi-core processors, up to 1 TB quad-channel DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM/LRDIMM RAM (Long-DIMM x16), and 12Gb/s SAS drive support to deliver outstanding performance for data transmission and applications.
- While providing the power to handle CPU-demanding tasks and everyday application needs such as virtualization, video surveillance, and media streaming, the TDS-16489U R2’s unrivaled performance provides the ability for businesses to improve their Big Data computing to explore greater business opportunities.
Extraordinary hardware design. Immense, reliable & innovative
Dual Intel® Xeon® E5 processors
- Drive performance-demanding computing capabilities to handle complex, high-demanding workloads more efficiently.
Quad-channel DDR4 RDIMM/LRDIMM RAM
- With 16 memory slots supporting up to 1 TB RAM. Install memory in multiples of 4 to take advantage of quad-channel RAM.
3x SAS 12Gb/s controllers
- Ensures each controller can fully utilize the total bandwidth of each drive to optimize performance and reliability.
4x 2.5-inch SSD slots
- Support SSD caching to improve IOPS performance. Also as QES system drive ports.
IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface)
- IPMI operates independently from the operating system to allow administrators to remotely manage the TDS-16489U R2 even when the system is powered down.
- The interface provides a web-based management interface, supports remote power-down and rebooting, and hardware monitoring and logs.
4x 10GbE SFP+ ports
- Fully support 10GbE networks, ideal for running bandwidth-demanding applications such as virtualization, large file sharing, and fast backup/restoration.
4x PCIe slots
- Supports 40GbE/ 25GbE/ 10GbE network cards, graphics cards, QM2 cards, Fibre Channel adapters*, and 12Gb/s SAS HBA for greater application potential.*Note: Fibre Channel support is available from QTS 4.4.1 (and later), but not supported by QES.
Convertible NAS that supports two operating systems
- The TDS-16489U R2 provides flexibility to choose from two operating systems, enabling businesses to deploy an operating system that fits their needs and goals in different stages.
QNAP Enterprise System
QNAP NAS System
Snapshot upper limit
Remote disaster backup and recovery
Deduplicate backup data at the source
(Hybrid Backup Sync 3.0)
Real-time data compression
End-to-end data integrity
Qtier (Auto Tiering)
(Virtualization Station, Web Server, multimedia service, etc.)
• Reliable storage for mission-critical business tasks.
• The perfect backup storage for the dual-controller Enterprise ZFS NAS.
• High-performance storage with SSD and Qtier technology for maximized cost-efficiency.
• Storage for hosting virtual machines and containerized applications.
• Application server using QTS services (Web server, VPN server, FTP server, etc).
Abundant I/O capabilities with PCIe expansion
The TDS-16489U R2 features four PCIe slots (3 x PCIe Gen3 x8, 1 x PCIe Gen3 x16) that allow for the usage of various expansion cards to expand application potential.
- Enable lightning-fast throughout for bandwidth-demanding tasks such as virtualization, massive data transmission, and fast backup/restoration.
- Empower the NAS with iSER support by installing NVIDIA® Mellanox SmartNICs.
Fibre Channel adapters
- Create a Fibre Channel SAN for tackling IOPS-demanding applications and workflows that require reliable, on-time data delivery.
- Add M.2 SATA or NVMe SSDs for caching to optimize NAS performance.
- Accelerate QTS video processing and transcoding, GPGPU computing, and support GPU-passthrough to VMs.
12 Gb/s SAS HBA
- Designed for connecting the TDS-16489U R2 to REXP expansion units for up to 1 PB storage capacity.
QES – Designed for high-end enterprise IT environments
- Suited for enterprise-level storage with maximized business continuity by adopting ZFS that focuses on data integrity.
QES supports deduplication and compression to maximize VDI storage performance
- QES supports block-based data deduplication to reclaim storage used by redundant/repeated data and in-line data compression to shrink file sizes.
- Both functions optimize storage utilization and provide cost savings for businesses when using SSDs (particularly for all-flash storage deployment).
- In VDI environments where there could be over 90% duplicate data from OS images and applications that are spread over virtual desktops, deduplicated virtual desktops become easier to be cached to achieve optimal virtual desktop performance.
QES streamlines remote backups with nearly limitless snapshots and SnapSync
- QES supports up to 65,535 snapshots for iSCSI LUN and shared folders (if 1 snapshot is created every hour, 24 snapshots per day, then up to 7 years worth of snapshots can be created without needing to delete any), and replicates snapshots to remote servers by using block-level SnapSync.
- In the event of a primary site failure, the complete and efficient SnapSync assists businesses to resume essential services in the shortest time.
Ideal backup NAS for Enterprise ZFS NAS
- When running the QES operating system, the TDS-16489U R2 is the perfect backup storage for the dual-controller Enterprise ZFS NAS using SnapSync.
- If the Enterprise ZFS NAS unexpectedly stops, the TDS-16489U R2 can immediately recover all the backed up data locally to take over operations and services with minimized RTO (Recovery time objectives) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective).
- It prevents the downtime required to restore data from a remote QTS NAS/rsync server back to the recovered Enterprise ZFS NAS.
QES is OpenStack Ready to explore out-of-the-box enterprise cloud services
- QES supports OpenStack® Cinder and Manila file sharing services. With the QNAP Cinder Driver, the TDS-16489U R2 can provide block-level storage space to virtual machines. It not only accelerates the deployment of virtual machines and enhances virtual machine image access efficiency through iSCSI, but it is also easier to integrate into commercial cloud storage platforms.
QTS – Empowering storage for the high-speed era
- Ideal for flexible virtualization deployment, application expandability and storage optimization with auto-tiered architecture.
Build an affordable Fibre Channel SAN environment
- Common Fibre Channel SAN (Storage Area Networks) devices are often expensive. Now you have more budge-friendly options to easily add your NAS to a SAN environment.
- Once a Marvell®, ATTO® or QNAP Fibre Channel card has been installed in the TDS-16489U R2, you can set a Fibre Channel Target using the iSCSI & Fibre Channel app, and leverage the many benefits from QNAP NAS including snapshot protection, Qtier™ tiering storage, SSD cache acceleration and more.
- In addition, the LUN Masking and Port Binding features provide an additional layer of security for your data.
QTS fulfills complete backup planning
- The TDS-16489U R2 provides a reliable, flexible backup & disaster recovery solution to assist organizations in routine backup jobs with cost-efficiency and high productivity.
Hybrid Backup Sync
- Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization for easily transferring NAS data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces. The new Hybrid Backup Sync 3.0 adds support for data deduplication at the source, multiple version backup, and TCP BBR to improve backup efficiency.
Snapshots for Volume & LUN
- Snapshots are essential for NAS data protection, and their block-level feature makes them a dependable method for protecting data in the face of the growing threat of ransomware. The TDS-16489U R2 supports up to 256 snapshots per volume/LUN, and up to 1,024 snapshots per NAS.
- With high performance, potentially huge storage capacities, integrated virtualization solutions, and support for snapshots that record the state of the system at any time, the TDS-16489U R2 is perfect for backing up virtual machines.
High-speed VM Backup Solution
- With Hyper Data Protector, the TDS-16489U R2 becomes an agentless backup tool for unlimited VMware® vSphere and Microsoft® Hyper-V VM backup.
- Hyper Data Protector features incremental backup, global deduplication, backup scheduling and recovery compression that provides you with a cost-effective and reliable disaster recovery plan, ensuring 24/7 operation of your services.
Attain enterprise-grade SSD performance levels from affordable consumer SSDs
- QTS supports software-defined SSD extra over-provisioning (OP) that allows you to allocate additional OP space (from 1% to 60%) to optimize random write speeds and to extend SSD lifespan.
- Now you can use affordable consumer SSDs for the TDS-16489U R2, adjust the SSD OP, and potentially attain performance and endurance levels similar to enterprise-grade SSDs to enjoy faster file backups, optimized virtualization applications, and smoother multimedia workflows.
Use QVR Pro to deploy a professional security surveillance system
- QNAP’s QVR Pro surveillance solution supports over 5,000 IP cameras, including all of the standard fisheye cameras available on the market.
- There are more advanced features for fully unleashing the potential of fisheye cameras: allowing a single fisheye camera’s image to be simultaneously viewed in nine channels from different angles, and cross-platform hardware-accelerated decoding for fisheye camera images.
- QVR Pro ensures higher surveillance performance for greater security while providing deployment flexibility and budget-savings. 8 free channel licenses are provided, and can be expanded up to 128 channels* by purchasing additional licenses.